|Here are a few tips for the end user.
- Take time to schedule your exercise in your diary. Either have a recurring appointment (can be easier to skip), or make a point of scheduling your exercise sessions each week. Invite others to exercise with you on a run, a class, or a gym session, and you will both be more committed
- Get a Polar heart rate monitor and keep track of your heart rate while you exercise. You can either monitor from a watch, or it will transmit to most gym equipment and let you know how hard you are working out
- Many top-notch gyms will lend you one, or…
- Buy one from £30 along with a watch
- Record your workout data in a spreadsheet; distance, time, heart rate, how you felt afterwards, and see if you can beat your last time, or…
- Join a health club with an exercise management system, and ask for printouts or look online at your progress reports.
- Listen to inspiring music; make playlists on your MP3 player (much easier & quicker now than it was with mixtapes!). Change it regularly to keep you motivated, and have a powersong to take you to the limit
Have you got another suggestion or something that works for you? Please contact us.